Friday, July 24, 2009

An Ode to UTPians (by Rtn Arthur)

(dedicated to all final year Rotaractors of UTP)

O UTPians, the jobs, the jobs are calling
From town to town, and thru' the countryside
The semester's gone and all your friends are leaving
It's you, it's you must go and I must bide

But come ye back when your career's starting to grow
Or invite me to your grand wedding do
For I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh UTPians, oh UTPians, I miss you so

But if ye'r long and all the roses falling
I may be gone, as gone I well may be
Then come and find the place where I am resting
And kneel and say a prayer there for me

And I shall hear though soft you tread above me
And all my grave will warmer, sweeter be
For you will bend and tell me that you missed me
And I shall sleep in peace until you come see me

(adapted from the lyrics of Oh Danny Boy)

No comments: